About the Role
GCSIT is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to operate as a technical expert on infrastructure projects/management pertaining to Storage, Virtual Machines, Systems Management, Cloud Services, Monitoring, File Serving, Capacity Planning, and DR. Duties include installations, testing, configuration, and maintaining operating systems, application software and system tools for our clients, ensuring optimal availability and minimal downtime and achieving the desired business outcome for the customer, and troubleshooting issues that may arise.
- Learn and understands GCSIT methodology, processes, and tools.
- Learn applicable technology through practice and testing of learned fundamentals.
- Stay up to date on applicable technology by completing the following the certifications through self-study and/or classroom training: VCP, MCSE, CCNA, AWS Associate, etc.
- Develop proficiency in presenting, designing, implementing, and supporting a solution for a client environment through successful completion of assigned development challenges and projects.
- Deliver technical proposals, solution presentations, Proof of Concepts, prepare Statements of Work and create Bill of Materials and configurations for solutions.
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning work.
- Perform basic environment documentation.
- Installs, monitors, and troubleshoots system software and hardware.
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity.
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software.
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues.
- Work with Solution Architect or Technical Architect to assess and implement enterprise data center solutions.
- Serve as a virtualization, compute, and storage subject matter expert in consulting strategy, design and plan, and prioritized action plan workshops.
- Perform customer-premises assessments and installations.
- Develop level-of-efforts and assist in high-level scoping of technical projects.
- Contribute to the definition and continuous refinement of delivery processes and documentation.
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationships and solutions to assist in the sales process.
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise.
- 5+ years of technical IT infrastructure experience
- Can complete implementation of a test solution.
- Able to write change management plans, network change orders and capable of following a basic change management paradigm or model.
- Installs or modifies customer production networks, computer hardware, software, and other infrastructure components.
- Extensive experience with VMware vSphere required.
- Experience with VMware SRM desirable
- Experience with VMware Horizon desirable.
- Experience with VMware VSAN desirable.
- Experience with Dell/EMC mid-tier storage systems required.
- Experience with Software Defined Storage Systems and concepts.
- Familiar with hyper converged infrastructure platforms (VSAN, Nutanix) desirable
- Familiar with x86 hardware installation (CPU, Memory, Disk Drives)
- Familiar with x86 OS installation (Windows, VMware, etc.)
- Familiar with Dell rack mount platforms
- Certifications – Obtained required Dell Partner level certifications.
Backup and Recovery Technologies Knowledge
- Experience with Commvault Backup and Recovery Suite desirable.
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication desirable.
- Experience with Cisco and Dell data center switching desirable
- Basic familiarity and fluency with SNMP; effectively able to utilize SNMP applications relative to network monitoring and management purposes.
- Installs and configures necessary telecommunications solution components, as directed by design/planning documents (requires basic familiarity with broad variety of IP network transport technologies.
- Assists in operation and maintenance of local area and wide area networks, tracks significant problems, monitors performance, and performs upgrades to hardware and software as required.
- Maintains documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software.
To apply, use the link below and attach your letter of application, résumé, and three professional references (including name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number). Additionally, please indicate in your cover letter where you first learned of this position.
Files must be less than 3 MB, in either PDF or MS Word format.